The last time I updated this website was about 10 years to the day — and it was built a few years before that. That’s a long time for anything, let alone a website in an industry that moves 10 times faster than most. The site was built in PHP with a bunch of include files that I thought I was being clever about. I got that nostalgic feeling.
Here’s what I’ve done in the last 10 years:
- Had my two kids, Wesley and Nate and have been watching them grow into boys.
- Built a lot of websites, business tools and installed wordpress approximately 4482 times.
- Learned a bunch of new technology, languages and frameworks.
- Traveled a lot. A whole LOT. Literally around the world.
- Started new businesses. Watched some fail.
- Went from a Windows/Linux guy to an OSX/Linux guy.
- Learned to dive. Explored a whole new world.
But I still have the same car. I guess some things don’t change.